Sunday, November 14, 2010

Sunday Thoughts

“I hope to refine music, study it, try to find some area that I can unlock.
I don't quite know how to explain it but it's there.
These can't be the only notes in the world, there's got to be other notes some place,
in some dimension, between the crack”
-Marvin Gaye





See I'm a single black male, dark hair, dark eyes
Long walks through a park and a lot of them lives
I'm a little bit shaded by a lot of what I see
So if you're still interested you should come get at me
Cause I'm tired of getting shot down, put down and dissed
I wanna be picked up, held tight and kissed
But things like these don't happen to dudes like me
Because I'm more Coldplay than I am Ice-T
They say that good girls love bad guys and that might be
But a bad girl with a good guy, that's unlikely
So what's a man to do to get to hold hands with you?
Do I talk shit and stand and look hard with my crew?
I don't know what to do, so I drown in my drink
It helps to numb the pain, cause when I sit and think about it
Eyes get clouded, thoughts get crowded (thoughts get clouded)
So I'ma sit right here, wait for you to talk about it
In the.....
-Murs



Money hungry bitches all up in my face
Trying to play the role yo I put em in they place
-Madlib

Quasimoto - MHB's

No comments: