Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Gemini 5ive: Astronaut ( A tribute to J. Dilla)

I was listening to an old Dilla beat tape, did a verse on this beat and ended up
putting this track on the Eletrolyte album. This is just a little tribute I wanted
to do for Dilla.


Witness the birth of a new breed
Space shuttle flow, I'm now moving @ light speed
The most heaviest, with flows I'm the freshest, Fresh as the air @ the top of Mt. Everest
Forever young, I'm in a class of my own
Grown to the point to I can now claim a throne
Rubix cube flow, re shape & mold
Camouflage patterns when the door shuts close
Smoke signals & a rain dance
Enhanced by the sounds, I'm ah lyrical reimbrant
A rare giant, stabbing folks with a tryadant
Pin point insights that may cause a riot
Hot like gasoline draws
The rarest black diamond no flaws
Snap shots I'm bout to bring it back like a sling shot
Overthrow Goliaith
Man the friction, is too hot
Surfing on high tide
People say it's my time
No rest for the werry, no country for the old time
Staying on the grind, I'm working all the time
Stay up in the crib late night & write rhymes
Staring @ the stars it's amazing
Lost in deep space, just the rhythm I be craving
Smashing through walls like I'm jugaknot
Peace to Jay Dee you now rockin' with the Astronaut

No comments: