Saturday, September 12, 2009

Gemini 5ive: Starting Over... (Over "Say you Will" )

Hey Everyone, I just wanted to share the new song I came up with
last week and really wanted to share it with you all. I was at the house listening
to Drake's "So far so gone" mixtape and
I was so moved by his verse on "Say what's real" (which is recorded on the
same Kanye West beat that I did my verse on) that I just had to write it out
and recorded it on the same beat. I plan to produce a beat of my own and use
the same verse but I just had to get all of these feelings out now... 8)
please hit me back and let me know what y'all think.








I was sittin in the car, staring @ the stars
Thinking to myself how I made it this far
Lost in outer space, stuck in a tight space
Trying to hold it in but tears rolling down my face
I'm in raged by the feelings that I'm holding on my heart
& trying to lift em up but I don't know where to start
So I turn the ignition, shift down from park
& start jotting down in my mind all the thoughts...
Running through my brain
& Though it feel strange,
Like my brother told me it's all a part of the game
I gotta keep it movin, keep it pimpin' all the same
Hold ya head up & don't get suckered by these lames
& as far as these dames go
It's all the same bro,
The nicest one'll still crush ya the heart the same yo.
So I move into room where it's ice cold
& never let em' see the warmness that a brother hold
Cause now & days I really think they don't care
Try to get around they heart, but treat you like a square
So now & days when it seems I don't care
My mind state's outta they atmosphere
A year's a long time & I've been waitin' on the sideline
Workin' on my rhyme, you can tell I'm on the grind
Cause everything that I gain is in time
Cause respect is a mountain I was born to climb
& I'm taking no prisoners
The soul of the song is determined by the listeners
I feel so alone, but I know it's not for long
I wouldn't make it here if I wasn't that strong
& that's on my word & my word means everything
if I don't stand my ground then I'm bound to fall for anything
So it's here & now I'm looking for a change, & I hope you see the same thing..... The same thing

No comments: