Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Thoughts

And this is how I plan to win in life.


The pain is gone from my heart
The faith is coming back into my soul
I smile more
I laugh more
I party harder
More thankful for the things I do have
I feel better about life.
I am not the man I use to be a year ago....and I love it.


The time has come....



A message to the haters and the non believers.



Some people need these more than others.



Me and my brother (Chris) are doing just that....



...as i sit back
And contemplate over this stage in my life,
Tryna keep my gains the same pace as my strife,
Hoping all for the best, but preparing for slights, I find myself
Staying up later and later at night than the
Night before, stressed out over dangerous plights,
Taking severe wrongs and tryna change em to rights,
Save a career loss, dead cantankerous snipes but it's
Quite the chore making time to stay up and write, add to
That: work, debt dodging, my name up in lights, but talking
To Ms. Right, and tryna make her my wife, by
George got me feeling like i'm willing to fight....just
For a second felt like I was winning tonight...
Short term gains battles short term loss, dwelling
On memories to make the pain take pause, but at
What cost? Because the fantasy ain't real even
If the thoughts alone give me sanity, but still...I
See your straw man and raise you a tin man, cause i'm
Empty from tryna build this card thin plan...
...Playing solitaire, but i don't wanna deal...I hope to
God that I could only feel...

Roman: cover my face like i'm playing
Texas hold 'em, cause they be playing my face...
I'm drained from giving love's embrace the steadiest chase...I need a
Turn of events if i'ma finish this race...
Hustle + struggle = deadliest pace :( hope and
Faith make promises, I caught em dead in a lie..
Make me wanna hit em solid square in they eye...
Prayer after prayer to no avail or reply...seems my
Heaven really is only up there in the sky, but when I
Die, they'll say I was one swell of a guy....
Sometimes i'm too calm or to quiet, vibe gets me
Viewed wrong...think I gotta "all smiley mood" on...
"Happy go lucky"- naw, real talk, ya dude's gone...
Flip the script to this and they like "man, yo what you on???"
...On: can one write fix two wrongs?...and have it
All fixed magically, but it's so sad to see that my
Existence, in all ways but one, ends tragically
I do songs to offset this tragedy, but get to
Say em out in rap at least...if these are my last words then
Let em be a masterpiece...

But it ain't about believing, it's about knowing,
It ain't about achieving, it's about growing,
It ain't about speaking, it's about showing, and
We ongoing.....we ongoing
Its about proving, not about gloating...it's about
Doing, not about hoping, its about
Choosing, not about chosen,
So we on going.....we on going...
-Pharoahe' ManC


No comments: