Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Inter(view) series Installment #3 w/ Botch "5yn-tifik"

Yeah man, we back once again with The Inter(view)
This time around I got my girl Botch from Canada.
This little lady is like my little sister and has a very dope
blog that you all should check out. So without further a due
here's Botch.





1. Just for a brief introduction please state your name, city and state you’re from and the website you represent.

My name is Botcho, and I'm from Winnipeg, which is in Canada. So, we don't have a state, haha. & I'm fully plugging Http://5YN-tifik.blogspot.com


2. How did you get into blogging and writing?

Botch: My mom gave me a journal when I was a kid, to keep my busy while she worked. I haven't stopped since. It was just a place where I could put my day, my week, or whatever, and look back on it. The blogging started when I was about 13. I basically just took what I was writing to a keyboard, and had a really good response from it, so I kept with it.


3. How long have you been writing and what inspires you to keep doing it?


Botch: I've been writing since I was 7. I KNOW! It's crazy. What inspires me? Feedback, definitely. Hearing how people can relate to the things I go through, or if they have the same interests as me, or even if they absolutely dis-agree with anything; I love opinions. I love that people can relate to anything I write. The whole reason I keep writing is because it made me feel like I wasn't alone. Like all my thoughts were permanent, and to share that with someone else is a completely surreal feeling. That, and I don't really have any talents, so I might as well stick with the one thing that comes close to one !


4. What do you feel is your general message is to public when you write /blog?

Botch: I'm just writing about every day shit. I'm writing about what I think, and feel. I tend to jump all over the place, with reviews and real life situations. It's to let people get a glimpse into my life, if they feel like it. Hopefully it's a good read.


5. What do you feel separates your blog from everyone else that may be doing it?

Botch: I'm not trying to impress anybody. If that comes off as a bitch statement, I'll try and word it better. I feel like most blogs are out there to be like "Yo, I think this is cool because I know other people will think it's cool and then think I'm cool", fuck all that. I never gave a fuck if someone read my blog or not, I just do it for me. Having readers and positive feedback helps me to write more - but if no one read it, I'd still be doing it.


6. What does Botch do when she’s not writing /blogging?


Botch: If I'm not at a hip hop show, I'm watching movies or tv.. or sleeping. I sleep, a lot.



7. What’s on heavy rotation in your iPod / mp3 player right now?

Botch: BELIEVE THIS ONE! I don't own an ipod, or an mp3 player. However, on the way to work I've been listening to the XX album. Shit is ridiculously good. At home, I've been listening to Kanye's new album, Wu-tang's 36 chambers, and Erykah Badu's Mama's Gun. I was going to start doing some laundry to beastie boys though.

8. What do you feel you get the most out of writing? (sense of stress relief)

Botch: Release. Putting down everything into a notebook, or even a blog entry, you just let that load off your shoulders. If I'm angry, I'll write about it. After I'm done writing about it, I calm down a lot. Kind of like finishing a glass of water when you're really thirsty. You feel relieved til your thirsty again. Then it's back to the notebook.


9. With me knowing you personally, how do you find time to write and release your thoughts?

Botch: I don't ! I honestly feel like I don't blog enough. I almost never have a free moment. I sleep like 5-6 hours a night, and I don't even know how I do it. I guess when something is this important to you, it's not about finding time to do it, time kind of finds you, and allows you to do it.


10. As a true hip hop fan, do you feel that music fuels your inspiration to write?

Botch: BIG QUESTION! Do I even need to answer this? Haha, I'm kidding. I definitely do. Hip hop takes emotions that are hard to express, and then all of a sudden you feel it when you hit the play button. I try to do that with writing. I try to make that emotion real, and put out exactly what I'm feeling or thinking into words. I want people to get a sense of emotion when they read when I say.


11. And finally, what are your personal goals for the next 5 yrs. / where do you see yourself?

Botch: In 5 years, I'll still be a writer, De - I just hope for more numbers at the end of my account balance.

And just in case you missed the last 2 Inter(view)'s

#1 Ms. Pearl

#2 Ms Carol

No comments: